Thursday, February 25, 2016

colors of life


   My life started out as a healthy green. Like the grass I grew taller and taller. In bliss unaware of the world around me I grew in a shelter. Cared by hands of my mother and left to dry without my father. Brought up by a hard working grandmother and grandfather.

   As years passed the green leaves of my early years started to wilt and fall into my Grey middle school years. From the trees I passed to the concrete I walked apon into those silver soulless bars they called doors. Time seemed to move slower and slower as each day passed. Every class the same faded grey as the next. Breaks we got felt so shorter and shorter as if we had no time at all.

   As more time passed my family hit its blue period starting with my parents splitting. The fights continued the resolve was all but none. My father kept going back and forth hate then love then hate again a cycle that hasn't stopped nor may ever stop. Not much later my grandfather died bringing the hole family closer together and some further apart.

   Now I enter the stage with red curtains trying to entertain with the art I make. From sketches to writing the ideas go on. From poetry to stories I make to characters and places I create. I can see my future in the spot lights and my past in the shadows behind about to collide. Another event to happen another play to act.

1 comment:

  1. Nice color piece! Red seems to me like the color connection for creativity, too! It's so sad when kids have to get caught in the cycle of "push/pull" struggle... your blue period. Glad you're moving into the red!

    ReplyDelete